Can I take legal action if my mother's caregiver gave her the wrong medication?

My mother is 75 years old and currently living in a nursing home.  It appears that her caregiver mixed up her medication which caused her to vomit and have headaches for about a week. Can I take legal action here?



Answers (1)

Depending on the circumstances, it sounds like your mother may seek relief for medical malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs where a medical practitioner acts in a negligent manner when treating a medical condition. Malpractice can occur from an action taken by the medical practitioner, or by the failure to take a medically appropriate action. Examples of medical malpractice include failure to diagnose, or misdiagnosis of a disease or medical condition, failure to provide appropriate treatment for a medical condition, or unreasonable delay in treating a diagnosed medical condition.

Moving forward, please consult with an elder lawyer or medical malpractice lawyer to determine the best course of action to take for your case.

Contact A Lawyer
Be the first to review.

Start a Lawyer Search

Tell us about your case so that we can connect you with the right lawyers.

searchbox small
Please Log in to answer questions.